Affordability Assessment Service
Determine a consumer’s discretionary income and ability to fund a new credit agreement.
The Affordability Assessment Service uses the consumer’s income (Gross and/or Net), calculates their Necessary Expenses (at a minimum, the minimum living expenses as required in terms of Regulations); it evaluates the consumer’s total monthly debt repayment obligations and returns the consumer’s available income (Discretionary Income) which will indicate the consumer’s ability to fund the proposed credit instalment in terms of a new credit agreement.
How it works
Experian calculates the consumer’s discretionary income
- First, we take the amount of the consumer’s gross and/
or net income.
- Next, we deduct their necessary expenses
(the minimum living expenses as per Regulation 23A (9)
and (10) of the National Credit Act 34 of 2005).
- Finally, we deduct the consumer’s total monthly debt
Which stage(s) of the Credit Customer life cycle does this product serve?
- Customer Acquisition
How is this product accessed?
- Online via the pbVerify Product Portal
- API Integration
Who can use this product? What type of registration do they need?
- Any Subscribers required to perform an Affordability Assessment as per NCA.
What is the unique selling point of this product?
5 Reasons to make use of Affordability Assessment Service
- Automatic determination of a consumer’s Gross Income where the value is unknown
- Automatic determination of a consumer’s Net Income through the application of the relevant tax tables
- Automatic inclusion of known Bureau Expenses
- Assists with decision-making during the customer acquisition phase
- Compliance with the NCA