The global facial recognition market is huge. Exactly how huge? Well, research published in April by Brand Essence Research estimated the market would grow from $3.62 Billion in 2020 to a whopping $11.6 Billion by 2027.
With that kind of growth in an already saturated market, how do you go about finding the right facial biometric solution – the one that offers the best security and most accurate ID authentication for your risk management requirements?
This is how: You start by sifting out the ones that don’t have the highest levels of accuracy to give you supreme peace of mind. Overlook the ones that have not been put through the most stringent of attack detection tests – and passed – and skip any vendor that isn’t so confident in their product, that they are willing to put their money where their mouth is.
Introducing FaceTec – the first and only face authenticator certified to Level 1 and 2 in the iBeta/NIST Presentation Attack Detection test based on the ISO 30107-3 standard.
Founded in 2013, FaceTec is the world leader in 3D Face Liveness & Matching software with a FAR (False Accept Rate) setting of 1 / 4.2M @ <1% FRR (False Rejection Rate), and patented 3D depth detection and human liveness detection that cannot be fooled by 2D photos, videos, or even 3D masks or life-like dolls.
On top of those impressive facts, FaceTec is also the only 3D liveness detection and face authentication software that is backed by a $100 000 Spoof Bounty Programme to prove its liveness detection can be trusted in real-world unsupervised scenarios.
Proof of the pudding
When compared to other biometric modalities, with the most common being fingerprint, iris and voice, FaceTec stands head and shoulders above the rest:
- Faces are the biometric modality that is most accurately verified by humans, and selfies are ubiquitous and intuitive. We don’t recognise people by their fingerprints, irises, palms or veins, so when an audit trail is needed, face images are the gold standard.
- FaceTec is universal. Its software works on all modern smart devices or webcams, with no special hardware required.
- FaceTec is integrated into apps/web pages themselves, and so is not restricted by device model, operating system or fragmented hardware sensors.
- FaceTec’s encrypted 3D FaceMaps enable portable, cross-platform, cross-device authentication.
- FaceTec’s 3D FaceMaps provide trusted unsupervised authentications, because they cannot be reverse engineered back into biometric data that can spoof the system. This effectively makes them unshareable and unphishable.
- FaceTec has certified 3D Liveness detection that can be used to authenticate users and/or to verify liveness and run 1:N duplicate checks during onboarding/KYC.
- FaceTec has anonymous age checks that allow restricted access to age-rated products.
- FaceTec has a built-in Photo ID capture UI that compares the Face on the ID to the 3D FaceMap.
And if all that wasn’t enough, take a look at the comparison table below, to see how FaceTec stacks up against the 2D software and 3D hardware on the market today:
The proof of the pudding really is in the tasting. Go ahead and try out FaceTec’s facial recognition software for yourself: TRY FACETEC DEMO
- PRNewsWire – At 18.1% CAGR, Facial Recognition Market Size Expected to Reach USD 11604.5 Million by 2027 Says Brandessence Market Research
- pbVerify News – FaceTec 3D Liveness software enables frictionless, secure transacting
- pbVerify News – Can you spoof our facial recognition tech? $100k says you can’tv
- pbVerify News – FaceTec Age Check bolsters verification
- Wikipedia – Biometrics (See under “Performance” for info on FAR and FRR).