pbVerify API Services
Home Affairs Verification
- The Home Affairs ID Verification API service provides an efficient and fast way to verify South African ID data against Home Affairs data.
- It does this by enabling third parties to submit valid 13-digit South African identification number, from which it retrieves defined results.
- There are two services to choose from: 1. Realtime (live) 2. Profile (offline).
- Validity of ID numbers is verified against the database (not only by checksum values).
The following data will be returned following the input of a valid ID number:
- Forenames (first names): First names string is returned.
- Surname: The Surname is returned.
- Date of Birth (DOB): Official date of birth will be returned.
- Gender: Gender at birth will be returned.
- Citizenship: South African or Foreign at date of birth is returned.
- Alive/Dead: This function will also check the identity number against the deceased records database.
Fingerprint with ID Photo Verification
- This API service provides an efficient and fast way to access and display the identity photo of a South African citizen using the fingerprint of the citizen
- The service retrieves the ID photo through a reverse lookup of the ID number using the 2 thumbprints
- ID’s that have not been renewed prior to the year 2002 may not have a digital photo available. This will render a “not found” return message at no charge.
- Hardware device used – Suprema
- Th Address Verification API service provides an efficient and fast way to retrieve last known Credit Bureau contact data against a South African ID number.
- There are two categories of data that will be returned: last known address and last known mobile phone number.
Validity of ID number: Validity is checked against a checksum.
Address: Date of last update on Credit Bureau record.
Address: Last known address returned.
Telephone number: Date of last update on Credit Bureau record.
Telephone number: Last known mobile phone number.
- There are three address API products to choose from:
ID Number linked to Mobile number (ID number verifies Telephone number)
- The API service provides an efficient and fast way to retrieve last known Credit Bureau contact data against a South African ID number.
- Return data is the last known mobile phone number associated to the ID number.
Consumer Credit Report (B2C)- Basic, Standard and Premium CPA and Credit Score Data
- The API service provides an efficient and fast way to retrieve any adverse credit information against a South African ID number
- The service retrieves a comprehensive report with adverse (Judgements, Listings, Debt review etc.) and CPA information from credit bureau data.
- Note: Credit score and detailed CPA information available to CPA members only.
Business Credit Report
- The API service provides an efficient and fast way to retrieve any adverse credit information against a South African registered business.
- The service retrieves adverse (Judgements, Listings, Adverse etc.) from credit bureau data on commercial companies and the Directors of the Business.
- A unique summary of all Directors in the business provides a quick overview of the credit status of all the Directors in the company, as well as the company itself.
Bank Account verification
- The API service provides an efficient and fast way to retrieve bank account verification information from all major banks
- This service will verify the bank details of a consumer or business
- Verification details, Identity information or Company registration, Bank, account type, Bank account number, Active, Open, Closed and open for longer than three months..
- Positive or negative reply per criteria
CIPC Company & Director verification
- The API service provides an efficient and fast way to verify a company against CIPC (previously CIPRO) information.
- All registrar information on the company retrieved from the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC) database
- All registrar information on the Auditor of the company retrieved from the CIPC database
- All registrar information on the Directors of the company retrieved from the CIPC database
- The Consumer Trace API service provides an efficient and fast way to retrieve last known Credit Bureau Trace data linked to a South African ID Number.
There are three categories of information returned:
- Five last known addresses, including postal box details.
- Five Last known contact numbers, including landline and mobile numbers.
- Five last known employee details, if on file.
Express Credit Score
- The Express Credit Score API service provides only the consumer’s credit score.
- The service returns a score indicating the status of the consumer’s score – i.e. Good, Fair or Bad.
- The service does not return a reason for the adverse information. A full report will need to be drawn for detailed information to be provided.
South African Driver’s Licence Verification
- The South African Driver’s Licence API service provides a fast and efficient way to verify a South African driver’s licence.
- For verification, a scan of the encrypted driver’s licence barcode needs to take place, after which pbVerify’s API will decrypt the information stored in the barcode.
- The API then displays the relevant information, including the driver’s photograph. This information can then be compared to that which is on the licence itself.
Bank Code Update
A bank code is a code provided by the banks on the business entities account. This is an investigation report, that takes 24 hours and will be delivered to your Bankcode folder on the main menu of the pbVerify website under the Bank Reports folder. The user is required to enter the business entity’s bank details: bank name, branch, account number and the terms of the enquiry.
This report and the updated Bankcode that is given gives an indication of the business entities cash flow and if that entity can afford to pay back the full amount given on credit within the credit terms agreed upon. A Bank code must be updated each time an application for credit is requested by the business entity.
Bankcode history can only be used if the amount been requested is within a calendar month and of a higher amount that is been requested.
NB: A Bankcode is not a credit report and does not indicate the companies “Credit Risk”. A credit report must always first be generated.
Should a business have signed a credit agreement with the R10,000 credit facility, the terms would be R10,000 on 30 Days. (minimum bank code to be accepted is “C”).
The codes are:
A = Undoubted for the amount of your enquiry
B = Good for the amount of your enquiry
C = Good for the amount quoted if strictly in the way of business
D = Fairtrade risk for the amount of your enquiry
E = Figures considered too high
F = Financial status unknown
G = Paper occasionally dishonoured
H = Paper frequently dishonoured
- Application Programming Interface (API) a. This API gives businesses that are required to FICA, (https://www.fic.gov.za/Pages/Home.aspx) their customers, the ability to digitally draw and compare identity data against the Department of Home Affairs’ verified data and the address that the consumer declared to you against data obtained by creditors that are SACRRA (South African Credit Reporting Association) members, which includes banks, telecommunication companies, large retailers, furniture stores, etc. b. The KYC API uses an intelligent algorithm to allow minor spelling and differences in the construct of the address to filter and compare the input data against that found on the SACRRA member database.
- If no matches are found, the verification will fail using an exception rule.
- If matches are found, the creditors where the matches are found will be listed, for example, Matches found at “Edgars, FNB, MTN and Standard Bank”. This is then considered a verified address match to satisfy the requirements of FICA.
- Consumer Details a. ID Number – South African ID Number
- Surname – Consumer’s Surname
- Enquiry reason – FICA|Tracing
- Your Reference – Unique transaction reference (your own)
- Match Criteria - Use to match your inputted info a. Address - One-line sentence of the address starting with;
- Street Number
- Street name
Date Range - You can specify your acceptance criteria for the of the age of the records to compare against, for example; i. If you do not want your input data to be compared to creditors data older than six months, the date range will be 6. ii. This can be the number 1 to 36.
Minimum Match – You can specify your criteria for a successful verification in relation to the number of times the address must be found, for example;
- If you require the address to be matched to at least three other creditors, the minimum match will be 3.
- This can be the number 1 to 10.